Monday, March 28, 2011

Partaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!!

"Rejoice with those who rejoice..."
Romans 12:15 (New International Version)

A real short entry....

This month marks an one year anniversary for two events.

1.  I have not been admitted into the hospital for a year.  Only one trip to the emergency room for my breathing.  Thank you God.

2.  One year ago I quit drinking pop (in Pennsylvania it is called soda).  I did have a sip of Mt. Dew New Year's Eve and a half cup of orange soda New Year's Day.  I have had one 20 oz bottle of of lemon lime when my stomach was upset.

I can relate to people who have addictions.  I was a popaholic.  I could drink a 12 pack in a day and not realize it.  I still want a Diet Pepsi.  A Mt. Dew would be great, but when I saw what it did to my heart, I'll be glad to do without it.

If I can give up my pop, I think others who have addictions can give them up.  Cigarette addiction is a slow killer.  I am 100% positive that my health is due to second-hand smoke from my parents smoking when I was a kid.  So not only does smoking cigarettes hurt the smoker, but family members also. Now I am not a scientist and I have not done any research or studies, but in my mind that is what I believe.

Rejoicing,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment